An issue in using 30000 m model top over Asian domain – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Dear Hans-Juergen and Burkhardt, </p> <p> Thank you very much for your reply. Hans is right. If I remove the 27800 m level, the problem is gone. The highest level has correct values. So there should be some thing wrong with interpolating more than one additional levels above the driving model? </p> <p> Unfortunately, for our experiments, I have to use the ECHAM5 output. And I also found that raising the model top to 30000 m is critical to get summer precipitation over the monsoon region correct with 0.44×0.44 resolution. Is there any way I could develop a relatively reasonable scheme to extrapolate data to the additional levels (more than 1 levels) above the driving model? </p> <p> Best regards, </p> <p> Hui </p>

@redc_migration in #f0eda3a

<p> Dear Hans-Juergen and Burkhardt, </p> <p> Thank you very much for your reply. Hans is right. If I remove the 27800 m level, the problem is gone. The highest level has correct values. So there should be some thing wrong with interpolating more than one additional levels above the driving model? </p> <p> Unfortunately, for our experiments, I have to use the ECHAM5 output. And I also found that raising the model top to 30000 m is critical to get summer precipitation over the monsoon region correct with 0.44×0.44 resolution. Is there any way I could develop a relatively reasonable scheme to extrapolate data to the additional levels (more than 1 levels) above the driving model? </p> <p> Best regards, </p> <p> Hui </p>

Dear Hans-Juergen and Burkhardt,

Thank you very much for your reply. Hans is right. If I remove the 27800 m level, the problem is gone. The highest level has correct values. So there should be some thing wrong with interpolating more than one additional levels above the driving model?

Unfortunately, for our experiments, I have to use the ECHAM5 output. And I also found that raising the model top to 30000 m is critical to get summer precipitation over the monsoon region correct with 0.44×0.44 resolution. Is there any way I could develop a relatively reasonable scheme to extrapolate data to the additional levels (more than 1 levels) above the driving model?

Best regards,

Hui