ERROR in read_netcdf HORIZON – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Dear all, <br/> I wanted to start INT2LM v2.05 with the namelist Parameter <br/> lradtopo = .TRUE. <br/> The external dataset includes <span class="caps"> HORIZON </span> (with third Dimension nhori) and <span class="caps"> SKYVIEW </span> as needed, but I get the following Error: <br/> <pre> 0: OPEN: ncdf-file: 0: /pf/b/b380794/ext/ExtData_CECPC5.0_02750_ASTER_plus_SSO_ALB12.nc 0: *** ERROR in read_netcdf HORIZON: 0 0: Name of 3rd dimension of HORIZON (nhori) is not valid! Must be "time"! </pre> <br/> The simulation does not cancel or fail but it does also not continue until the time is up or I cancel the job by hand. <br/> I would be very grateful for help. Thank you very much! <br/> Eva </p>

@evanowatzki in #477b224

<p> Dear all, <br/> I wanted to start INT2LM v2.05 with the namelist Parameter <br/> lradtopo = .TRUE. <br/> The external dataset includes <span class="caps"> HORIZON </span> (with third Dimension nhori) and <span class="caps"> SKYVIEW </span> as needed, but I get the following Error: <br/> <pre> 0: OPEN: ncdf-file: 0: /pf/b/b380794/ext/ExtData_CECPC5.0_02750_ASTER_plus_SSO_ALB12.nc 0: *** ERROR in read_netcdf HORIZON: 0 0: Name of 3rd dimension of HORIZON (nhori) is not valid! Must be "time"! </pre> <br/> The simulation does not cancel or fail but it does also not continue until the time is up or I cancel the job by hand. <br/> I would be very grateful for help. Thank you very much! <br/> Eva </p>

ERROR in read_netcdf HORIZON

Dear all,
I wanted to start INT2LM v2.05 with the namelist Parameter
lradtopo = .TRUE.
The external dataset includes HORIZON (with third Dimension nhori) and SKYVIEW as needed, but I get the following Error:

0:  OPEN: ncdf-file: 
  0:  /pf/b/b380794/ext/ExtData_CECPC5.0_02750_ASTER_plus_SSO_ALB12.nc
  0:  *** ERROR in read_netcdf HORIZON:             0 
  0:  Name of 3rd dimension of HORIZON (nhori) is not valid! Must be "time"!

The simulation does not cancel or fail but it does also not continue until the time is up or I cancel the job by hand.
I would be very grateful for help. Thank you very much!
Eva

View in channel
<p> There has been new lines (from 1475 onwards) implemented in version 2.05 in the subroutine <code> io_utilities.f90 </code> : <br/> <pre> IF (<acronym title="dimname3"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym> /= ‘time’) THEN yerrmsg = ‘Name of 3rd dimension of ‘//<acronym title="varname"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’ (‘//<acronym title="dimname3"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’) is not valid! Must be “time”!‘ <span class="caps">PRINT</span> *, ‘*** <span class="caps">ERROR</span> in read_netcdf ‘//<acronym title="varname"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’: ‘, ierror, <acronym title="yerrmsg"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym> RETURN <span class="caps">END</span> IF</pre> </p> <p> </p> <p> please replace these by <br/> <pre> IF (TRIM(dimname3) /= 'time' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nhori' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nclass_lu') THEN yerrmsg = 'Name of 3rd dimension of '//TRIM(varname)// &amp; ' ('//TRIM(dimname3)//') is not valid! Must be "time", "nhori" or "nclass_lu"!' PRINT *, '*** ERROR in read_netcdf '//TRIM(varname)//': ', ierror, TRIM(yerrmsg) RETURN </pre> </p> <p> and let me know, if this works. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #94d030e

<p> There has been new lines (from 1475 onwards) implemented in version 2.05 in the subroutine <code> io_utilities.f90 </code> : <br/> <pre> IF (<acronym title="dimname3"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym> /= ‘time’) THEN yerrmsg = ‘Name of 3rd dimension of ‘//<acronym title="varname"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’ (‘//<acronym title="dimname3"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’) is not valid! Must be “time”!‘ <span class="caps">PRINT</span> *, ‘*** <span class="caps">ERROR</span> in read_netcdf ‘//<acronym title="varname"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym>//’: ‘, ierror, <acronym title="yerrmsg"><span class="caps">TRIM</span></acronym> RETURN <span class="caps">END</span> IF</pre> </p> <p> </p> <p> please replace these by <br/> <pre> IF (TRIM(dimname3) /= 'time' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nhori' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nclass_lu') THEN yerrmsg = 'Name of 3rd dimension of '//TRIM(varname)// &amp; ' ('//TRIM(dimname3)//') is not valid! Must be "time", "nhori" or "nclass_lu"!' PRINT *, '*** ERROR in read_netcdf '//TRIM(varname)//': ', ierror, TRIM(yerrmsg) RETURN </pre> </p> <p> and let me know, if this works. </p>

There has been new lines (from 1475 onwards) implemented in version 2.05 in the subroutine io_utilities.f90 :

IF (TRIM /= ‘time’) THEN
        yerrmsg = ‘Name of 3rd dimension of ‘//TRIM//’ (‘//TRIM//’) is not valid! Must be “time”!‘
        PRINT *, ‘*** ERROR in read_netcdf ‘//TRIM//’:  ‘, ierror, TRIM
        RETURN
      END IF

please replace these by

IF (TRIM(dimname3) /= 'time' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nhori' .AND. TRIM(dimname3) /= 'nclass_lu') THEN
        yerrmsg = 'Name of 3rd dimension of '//TRIM(varname)// &
                  ' ('//TRIM(dimname3)//') is not valid! Must be "time", "nhori" or "nclass_lu"!'
        PRINT *, '*** ERROR in read_netcdf '//TRIM(varname)//':  ', ierror, TRIM(yerrmsg)
        RETURN

and let me know, if this works.

<p> Thank you very much, it works with the replacement. </p>

@evanowatzki in #e63ac7c

<p> Thank you very much, it works with the replacement. </p>

Thank you very much, it works with the replacement.