WebPEP Domain related error in INT2LM read_nc_gdefs_ext_lm – in #11: EXTPAR / WebPEP

in #11: EXTPAR / WebPEP

<p> Hi Klaus, </p> <p> I am not quite sure whether I understand correctly what you did. <br/> Your “target” domain size for the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run is 233*226 (ie_ext*je_ext),isn’t it? <br/> And you have chosen the identical domain and size for the external data set, haven’t you? <br/> To see the file <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> of INT2LM would be helpful. </p> <p> If you did it in this way, then INT2LM would never run. <br/> The size of the domain of external data has to be larger then the size of the actual <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> domain. <br/> I am not quite sure, but at least by 2 further grid points at each of the four sides. </p> <p> I always recommend to chose the domain of the external data set rather large. Then you can “play” with <br/> the size of the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> domain, with shifts of start_lon and start_lat, etc. without creating new external data sets. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #1f87894

<p> Hi Klaus, </p> <p> I am not quite sure whether I understand correctly what you did. <br/> Your “target” domain size for the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run is 233*226 (ie_ext*je_ext),isn’t it? <br/> And you have chosen the identical domain and size for the external data set, haven’t you? <br/> To see the file <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> of INT2LM would be helpful. </p> <p> If you did it in this way, then INT2LM would never run. <br/> The size of the domain of external data has to be larger then the size of the actual <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> domain. <br/> I am not quite sure, but at least by 2 further grid points at each of the four sides. </p> <p> I always recommend to chose the domain of the external data set rather large. Then you can “play” with <br/> the size of the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> domain, with shifts of start_lon and start_lat, etc. without creating new external data sets. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Hi Klaus,

I am not quite sure whether I understand correctly what you did.
Your “target” domain size for the CCLM run is 233*226 (ie_ext*je_ext),isn’t it?
And you have chosen the identical domain and size for the external data set, haven’t you?
To see the file INPUT of INT2LM would be helpful.

If you did it in this way, then INT2LM would never run.
The size of the domain of external data has to be larger then the size of the actual CCLM domain.
I am not quite sure, but at least by 2 further grid points at each of the four sides.

I always recommend to chose the domain of the external data set rather large. Then you can “play” with
the size of the CCLM domain, with shifts of start_lon and start_lat, etc. without creating new external data sets.

Hans-Juergen