Error with ALB_DRY and ALB_SAT – in #14: CCLM-CLM

in #14: CCLM-CLM

<p> Can anyone help me and tell me what to set that the missing levels of <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY and <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT will be included? <br/> Using <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> output as external data for SE Asia I get the following error while running the cclm.job for cclm^2: <br/> 0:——————————End of <span class="caps"> MPI </span> Environment Report————————————- <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> SETUP </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> LM <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INITIALIZATIONS </span> <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> NAMELISTS <br/> 0: computed nfinalstop = 7572960 <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> DYNAMICS <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> DOMAIN </span> <span class="caps"> SIZE </span> (approx.) in m: L_x = 6336739.06036948599 <br/> 0: L_y = 4364557.74535542354 <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> PHYSICS <br/> 0: *** <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : Own specifications of soil main levels are used *** <br/> 0: *** These have to correspond to the levels of the *** <br/> 0: *** coarse grid model! *** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> DIAGNOSTICS <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -IO <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : ** QI is added to initial state list ** <br/> 0: ** because lana_qi is set .TRUE. ** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : ** QI is added to boundary list ** <br/> 0: ** because llb_qi is set .TRUE. ** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALLOCATE </span> SPACE <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> OPEN </span> : ncdf-file: /scratch/g/g260039/cc2cERAIntInd/input/cclm/1989_01/laf1989010100.nc <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> CLOSING </span> ncdf FILE <br/> 0: *** Not all variables / levels could be read for initial data *** <br/> 0: *** The following levels are missing: *** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY , level: 1 F <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT , level: 1 F <br/> 0: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> 0: * <span class="caps"> PROGRAM </span> <span class="caps"> TERMINATED </span> <span class="caps"> BECAUSE </span> OF <span class="caps"> ERRORS </span> DETECTED <br/> 0: * IN <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> : organize_input <br/> 0: * <br/> 0: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2004 <br/> 0: * Not all data available <br/> 0: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> The file <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> is attached to this message. <br/> Another question, isnt it better to set rat_sea to 10 instead of 20? <br/> Thank you very much for your response. <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

@merjatölle in #093563c

<p> Can anyone help me and tell me what to set that the missing levels of <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY and <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT will be included? <br/> Using <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> output as external data for SE Asia I get the following error while running the cclm.job for cclm^2: <br/> 0:——————————End of <span class="caps"> MPI </span> Environment Report————————————- <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> SETUP </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> LM <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INITIALIZATIONS </span> <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> NAMELISTS <br/> 0: computed nfinalstop = 7572960 <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> DYNAMICS <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> DOMAIN </span> <span class="caps"> SIZE </span> (approx.) in m: L_x = 6336739.06036948599 <br/> 0: L_y = 4364557.74535542354 <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> PHYSICS <br/> 0: *** <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : Own specifications of soil main levels are used *** <br/> 0: *** These have to correspond to the levels of the *** <br/> 0: *** coarse grid model! *** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> DIAGNOSTICS <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> OF <span class="caps"> THE </span> <span class="caps"> NAMELISTS </span> <span class="caps"> FOR </span> <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -IO <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : ** QI is added to initial state list ** <br/> 0: ** because lana_qi is set .TRUE. ** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> WARNING </span> : ** QI is added to boundary list ** <br/> 0: ** because llb_qi is set .TRUE. ** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALLOCATE </span> SPACE <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> OPEN </span> : ncdf-file: /scratch/g/g260039/cc2cERAIntInd/input/cclm/1989_01/laf1989010100.nc <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> CLOSING </span> ncdf FILE <br/> 0: *** Not all variables / levels could be read for initial data *** <br/> 0: *** The following levels are missing: *** <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY , level: 1 F <br/> 0: <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT , level: 1 F <br/> 0: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> 0: * <span class="caps"> PROGRAM </span> <span class="caps"> TERMINATED </span> <span class="caps"> BECAUSE </span> OF <span class="caps"> ERRORS </span> DETECTED <br/> 0: * IN <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> : organize_input <br/> 0: * <br/> 0: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2004 <br/> 0: * Not all data available <br/> 0: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> The file <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> is attached to this message. <br/> Another question, isnt it better to set rat_sea to 10 instead of 20? <br/> Thank you very much for your response. <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

Error with ALB_DRY and ALB_SAT

Can anyone help me and tell me what to set that the missing levels of ALB _DRY and ALB _SAT will be included?
Using EXTPAR output as external data for SE Asia I get the following error while running the cclm.job for cclm^2:
0:——————————End of MPI Environment Report————————————-
0: SETUP OF THE LM
0: INITIALIZATIONS
0: INPUT OF THE NAMELISTS
0: computed nfinalstop = 7572960
0: INPUT OF THE NAMELISTS FOR DYNAMICS
0: DOMAIN SIZE (approx.) in m: L_x = 6336739.06036948599
0: L_y = 4364557.74535542354
0: INPUT OF THE NAMELISTS FOR PHYSICS
0: *** WARNING : Own specifications of soil main levels are used ***
0: *** These have to correspond to the levels of the ***
0: *** coarse grid model! ***
0: INPUT OF THE NAMELISTS FOR DIAGNOSTICS
0: INPUT OF THE NAMELISTS FOR GRIB -IO
0: WARNING : ** QI is added to initial state list **
0: ** because lana_qi is set .TRUE. **
0: WARNING : ** QI is added to boundary list **
0: ** because llb_qi is set .TRUE. **
0: ALLOCATE SPACE
0: OPEN : ncdf-file: /scratch/g/g260039/cc2cERAIntInd/input/cclm/1989_01/laf1989010100.nc
0: CLOSING ncdf FILE
0: *** Not all variables / levels could be read for initial data ***
0: *** The following levels are missing: ***
0: ALB _DRY , level: 1 F
0: ALB _SAT , level: 1 F
0: ——————————————————————————————
0: * PROGRAM TERMINATED BECAUSE OF ERRORS DETECTED
0: * IN ROUTINE : organize_input
0: *
0: * ERROR CODE is 2004
0: * Not all data available
0: ——————————————————————————————
The file YUSPECIF is attached to this message.
Another question, isnt it better to set rat_sea to 10 instead of 20?
Thank you very much for your response.
Best regards,
Merja

View in channel
<p> Have you set <code> itype_albedo=2 </code> in both int2lm and cclm name lists? The values for <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY and <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT will not be put through, if you do not set it in int2lm. <br/> Isn’t taken the CLandM albedo in the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> anyway? </p> <p> I cannot say what is better rat_sea=10 or 20. You may do test simulations and compare e.g. to <span class="caps"> TRMM </span> data. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #3f83841

<p> Have you set <code> itype_albedo=2 </code> in both int2lm and cclm name lists? The values for <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _DRY and <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _SAT will not be put through, if you do not set it in int2lm. <br/> Isn’t taken the CLandM albedo in the <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> anyway? </p> <p> I cannot say what is better rat_sea=10 or 20. You may do test simulations and compare e.g. to <span class="caps"> TRMM </span> data. </p>

Have you set itype_albedo=2 in both int2lm and cclm name lists? The values for ALB _DRY and ALB _SAT will not be put through, if you do not set it in int2lm.
Isn’t taken the CLandM albedo in the CCLM - CLM anyway?

I cannot say what is better rat_sea=10 or 20. You may do test simulations and compare e.g. to TRMM data.

<p> Indeed if you are using the Community Land Model these values won’t be used anyway </p> <p> so the easiest is to use the default for itype_albedo, then you won’t need to re-process your input data </p> <p> regards, <br/> Edouard </p>

@redc_migration in #cfb4e39

<p> Indeed if you are using the Community Land Model these values won’t be used anyway </p> <p> so the easiest is to use the default for itype_albedo, then you won’t need to re-process your input data </p> <p> regards, <br/> Edouard </p>

Indeed if you are using the Community Land Model these values won’t be used anyway

so the easiest is to use the default for itype_albedo, then you won’t need to re-process your input data

regards,
Edouard

<p> OK, thanks a lot, that problem got solved. I set itype_albedo=1 in the cclm name list and fine. I am tackling now the next… <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

@merjatölle in #586070e

<p> OK, thanks a lot, that problem got solved. I set itype_albedo=1 in the cclm name list and fine. I am tackling now the next… <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

OK, thanks a lot, that problem got solved. I set itype_albedo=1 in the cclm name list and fine. I am tackling now the next…
Best regards,
Merja