ERROR CODE is 2014 NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Dear all </p> <p> I have been trying to run int2lm with <span class="caps"> NCRM </span> -CM5 Data. But im having the following error. Im not sure whats the cause of the error. Please help </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2014 * NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name. I have attached log files </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #8d5cd08

<p> Dear all </p> <p> I have been trying to run int2lm with <span class="caps"> NCRM </span> -CM5 Data. But im having the following error. Im not sure whats the cause of the error. Please help </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2014 * NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name. I have attached log files </p>

ERROR CODE is 2014 NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name

Dear all

I have been trying to run int2lm with NCRM -CM5 Data. But im having the following error. Im not sure whats the cause of the error. Please help

ERROR CODE is 2014 * NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name. I have attached log files

View in channel
<p> please help me. Im stuck </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #553143b

<p> please help me. Im stuck </p>

please help me. Im stuck

<p> Can you try to increase the debug level: <br/> e.g. idbg_level=20 <br/> (in the int2lm control section) <br/> Maybe this tells you more. </p>

@andreasdobler in #cd18b89

<p> Can you try to increase the debug level: <br/> e.g. idbg_level=20 <br/> (in the int2lm control section) <br/> Maybe this tells you more. </p>

Can you try to increase the debug level:
e.g. idbg_level=20
(in the int2lm control section)
Maybe this tells you more.

<p> Did you have a look at the <span class="caps"> ASCII </span> file “ <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> ” created by INT2LM. <br/> Already the data of the external data set (first entries in the file) look strange. <br/> Everything is zero or even undefined. </p> <p> You should check the external data set first! </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #1e6a4fe

<p> Did you have a look at the <span class="caps"> ASCII </span> file “ <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> ” created by INT2LM. <br/> Already the data of the external data set (first entries in the file) look strange. <br/> Everything is zero or even undefined. </p> <p> You should check the external data set first! </p>

Did you have a look at the ASCII file “ YUCHKDAT ” created by INT2LM.
Already the data of the external data set (first entries in the file) look strange.
Everything is zero or even undefined.

You should check the external data set first!

<p> i made the changes and have more debug lines. see attachment </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #7b1ceb4

<p> i made the changes and have more debug lines. see attachment </p>

i made the changes and have more debug lines. see attachment

<p> Increasing the debug level does not give more information. <br/> See my previous comment and check the external data set (zimbawe.nc) </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #c7396e8

<p> Increasing the debug level does not give more information. <br/> See my previous comment and check the external data set (zimbawe.nc) </p>

Increasing the debug level does not give more information.
See my previous comment and check the external data set (zimbawe.nc)

<p> Okay thank you very much. I checked the file. I used the same external file with ncep1 data from 1980-2015 and its working. <br/> I attached the file information </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #7ab50e1

<p> Okay thank you very much. I checked the file. I used the same external file with ncep1 data from 1980-2015 and its working. <br/> I attached the file information </p>

Okay thank you very much. I checked the file. I used the same external file with ncep1 data from 1980-2015 and its working.
I attached the file information

<p> But when running int2lm with <span class="caps"> CNRM </span> -CM5 data from 2018 thats when i get this error </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #7fc6e78

<p> But when running int2lm with <span class="caps"> CNRM </span> -CM5 data from 2018 thats when i get this error </p>

But when running int2lm with CNRM -CM5 data from 2018 thats when i get this error

<p> Can you provide the whole file (zimbawe.nc) or some values (cdo infov zimbawe.nc)? </p>

@andreasdobler in #96812aa

<p> Can you provide the whole file (zimbawe.nc) or some values (cdo infov zimbawe.nc)? </p>

Can you provide the whole file (zimbawe.nc) or some values (cdo infov zimbawe.nc)?

<p> Okay. I have attached the infomation </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #46af443

<p> Okay. I have attached the infomation </p>

Okay. I have attached the infomation

<p> this external data set does certainly not cover Zimbawe or any other land area in the world. <br/> The region represented by the data seems to be somewhere over the ocean. <br/> HUSRF=FIS=0, T_CL not defined, soiltype=9, FR_LAND=0, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D=FOR_E=LAI=PLCOV=0, etc, etc; all these values indicate that the whole area is covered by water at Sea Level. </p> <p> I guess, this is not what you really want, isn’t it? </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #cab1247

<p> this external data set does certainly not cover Zimbawe or any other land area in the world. <br/> The region represented by the data seems to be somewhere over the ocean. <br/> HUSRF=FIS=0, T_CL not defined, soiltype=9, FR_LAND=0, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D=FOR_E=LAI=PLCOV=0, etc, etc; all these values indicate that the whole area is covered by water at Sea Level. </p> <p> I guess, this is not what you really want, isn’t it? </p>

this external data set does certainly not cover Zimbawe or any other land area in the world.
The region represented by the data seems to be somewhere over the ocean.
HUSRF=FIS=0, T_CL not defined, soiltype=9, FR_LAND=0, FOR _D=FOR_E=LAI=PLCOV=0, etc, etc; all these values indicate that the whole area is covered by water at Sea Level.

I guess, this is not what you really want, isn’t it?

<p> Very true. Thats not what i want. My domain should be Zimbabwe. Let create a new external Data and try again. </p> <p> Thank you very much. Maybe its because im failing to create the external data. Im new in cosmo-clm </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #50b998c

<p> Very true. Thats not what i want. My domain should be Zimbabwe. Let create a new external Data and try again. </p> <p> Thank you very much. Maybe its because im failing to create the external data. Im new in cosmo-clm </p>

Very true. Thats not what i want. My domain should be Zimbabwe. Let create a new external Data and try again.

Thank you very much. Maybe its because im failing to create the external data. Im new in cosmo-clm

<p> Yes, these values can not be correct (e.g <span class="caps"> HSURF </span> is equal to zero). <br/> I see the same in your <span class="caps"> NCEP </span> driven runs. </p>

@andreasdobler in #58b9713

<p> Yes, these values can not be correct (e.g <span class="caps"> HSURF </span> is equal to zero). <br/> I see the same in your <span class="caps"> NCEP </span> driven runs. </p>

Yes, these values can not be correct (e.g HSURF is equal to zero).
I see the same in your NCEP driven runs.

<p> Thank you once again. Can you help me to create a right external data. These ones i created them using WebPEP. </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #0ac3271

<p> Thank you once again. Can you help me to create a right external data. These ones i created them using WebPEP. </p>

Thank you once again. Can you help me to create a right external data. These ones i created them using WebPEP.

<p> o.k. <br/> I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is <br/> more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k. <br/> But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain <br/> was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar. <br/> I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of <br/> grid-points. This is only a suggestion. </p> <p> Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- <span class="caps"> PEP </span> page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings. <br/> Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #145f6f7

<p> o.k. <br/> I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is <br/> more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k. <br/> But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain <br/> was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar. <br/> I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of <br/> grid-points. This is only a suggestion. </p> <p> Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- <span class="caps"> PEP </span> page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings. <br/> Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not </p>

o.k.
I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is
more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k.
But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain
was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar.
I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of
grid-points. This is only a suggestion.

Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- PEP page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings.
Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not

<p> Thank you very much. It really makes sense. Let me try that </p>

@sinclairchinyoka in #479204c

<p> Thank you very much. It really makes sense. Let me try that </p>

Thank you very much. It really makes sense. Let me try that