ldebug_xxx output – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear colleagues, </p> <p> I am carrying out experiments of assimilating data with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> . <br/> For this reason I would like to have more output on the assimilation processes and to this end I have set ldebug_ass=.TRUE., (with idbg_level=40) still I am not getting more information than before in the standard output. <br/> Does anybody know if this switch is really active in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> ? <br/> I have dived swiftly in the src code of the assimilation routines and have found out that there are extra comments and output of, for example, extra calculations on the means and maximum/minimum values of the main variables. </p> <p> Regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

@albertocaldas-alvarez in #4b27ca0

<p> Dear colleagues, </p> <p> I am carrying out experiments of assimilating data with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> . <br/> For this reason I would like to have more output on the assimilation processes and to this end I have set ldebug_ass=.TRUE., (with idbg_level=40) still I am not getting more information than before in the standard output. <br/> Does anybody know if this switch is really active in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> ? <br/> I have dived swiftly in the src code of the assimilation routines and have found out that there are extra comments and output of, for example, extra calculations on the means and maximum/minimum values of the main variables. </p> <p> Regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

ldebug_xxx output

Dear colleagues,

I am carrying out experiments of assimilating data with CCLM .
For this reason I would like to have more output on the assimilation processes and to this end I have set ldebug_ass=.TRUE., (with idbg_level=40) still I am not getting more information than before in the standard output.
Does anybody know if this switch is really active in CCLM ?
I have dived swiftly in the src code of the assimilation routines and have found out that there are extra comments and output of, for example, extra calculations on the means and maximum/minimum values of the main variables.

Regards

Alberto

View in channel
<p> I am not aware of anyone in the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community working with assimilation. If you have solved the problem, it would be great if you could provide your solution to the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #2e218cf

<p> I am not aware of anyone in the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community working with assimilation. If you have solved the problem, it would be great if you could provide your solution to the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community. </p>

I am not aware of anyone in the CLM -Community working with assimilation. If you have solved the problem, it would be great if you could provide your solution to the CLM -Community.

<p> The switch ldebug_ass is considered as an “offer” to the developers of the data assimilation to use it, but I guess that they never really used it. This is why you do not see any more output. Specific questions regarding data assimilation you have to direct to the “Code Owner” listed in the header of the files. But be aware that there is not really a support group for data assimilation, because there are not many people outside the weather centers doing it. </p>

@ulrichschättler in #7db6208

<p> The switch ldebug_ass is considered as an “offer” to the developers of the data assimilation to use it, but I guess that they never really used it. This is why you do not see any more output. Specific questions regarding data assimilation you have to direct to the “Code Owner” listed in the header of the files. But be aware that there is not really a support group for data assimilation, because there are not many people outside the weather centers doing it. </p>

The switch ldebug_ass is considered as an “offer” to the developers of the data assimilation to use it, but I guess that they never really used it. This is why you do not see any more output. Specific questions regarding data assimilation you have to direct to the “Code Owner” listed in the header of the files. But be aware that there is not really a support group for data assimilation, because there are not many people outside the weather centers doing it.

<p> Dear Mr. Rockel and Mr. Schättler </p> <p> Thank you for your answers. It seems to be the case, that this switch ldebug_ass does not add any additional output to standard model output. It would be useful though having some reference variables output in between the time steps where the increments are obtained and added to the values of the prognostic variables. In the end the status and the main statistics of the assimilation can be looked at through the YU* files so I will work with this type of output to verify and control the state of my assimilation experiments. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

@albertocaldas-alvarez in #8673358

<p> Dear Mr. Rockel and Mr. Schättler </p> <p> Thank you for your answers. It seems to be the case, that this switch ldebug_ass does not add any additional output to standard model output. It would be useful though having some reference variables output in between the time steps where the increments are obtained and added to the values of the prognostic variables. In the end the status and the main statistics of the assimilation can be looked at through the YU* files so I will work with this type of output to verify and control the state of my assimilation experiments. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

Dear Mr. Rockel and Mr. Schättler

Thank you for your answers. It seems to be the case, that this switch ldebug_ass does not add any additional output to standard model output. It would be useful though having some reference variables output in between the time steps where the increments are obtained and added to the values of the prognostic variables. In the end the status and the main statistics of the assimilation can be looked at through the YU* files so I will work with this type of output to verify and control the state of my assimilation experiments.

With kind regards

Alberto