CCLM failed with error code 1004 – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hey Delei, <br/> <br/> generally I get this error when my model crashes, that is: there are NA values in the variables. This problem seems to cause ERROR 1004 when the output is written for pressure levels. <br/> <br/> So whenever this happens I first check the CFL-criterion and if it is violated in the steps prio to the crash, I assume a normal instability of the simulation and change the timestep “dt” in the namelist. (normally lowering it) <br/> <br/> If this is not the cause of the problem, I fall back to writing output for single time steps by changing the namelist: putting a “!” in front of [ hcomb=…. ]  and   [ ytunit='d' ]   to comment it out <br/> and adding <br/> [ ngrib=0,1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30  ! selected time steps to write output ] <br/> and [ ytunit='f' ] <br/> <br/> normally from the output I can trace back to where the error occured. In which variable the NA first appeared and maybe even where inside the domain and so on… <br/> <br/> ----- <br/> <br/> Concerning your problem, that you used the same setup, I have no idea. But maybe if you try to trace back the error you may find the reason it is not working anymore. <br/> <br/> For me it would always be something like maybe a changed default version of cdo that causes problems in my preprocessing setup that results in a model crash (or a temporal/testing change I forgot to change back and didn´t remember…) <br/> <br/> just to make sure, maybe compare your YUSPECIF from an old simulation where it worked and the current one, to make sure the setup is really the same. ( you can use the diff comand on levante, that is “diff old_YUSPECIF new_YUPECIF” ) <br/> <br/> ----- <br/> <br/> good luck debugging <br/> Rolf </p>

@rolfzentek in #3d36371

<p> Hey Delei, <br/> <br/> generally I get this error when my model crashes, that is: there are NA values in the variables. This problem seems to cause ERROR 1004 when the output is written for pressure levels. <br/> <br/> So whenever this happens I first check the CFL-criterion and if it is violated in the steps prio to the crash, I assume a normal instability of the simulation and change the timestep “dt” in the namelist. (normally lowering it) <br/> <br/> If this is not the cause of the problem, I fall back to writing output for single time steps by changing the namelist: putting a “!” in front of [ hcomb=…. ]  and   [ ytunit='d' ]   to comment it out <br/> and adding <br/> [ ngrib=0,1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30  ! selected time steps to write output ] <br/> and [ ytunit='f' ] <br/> <br/> normally from the output I can trace back to where the error occured. In which variable the NA first appeared and maybe even where inside the domain and so on… <br/> <br/> ----- <br/> <br/> Concerning your problem, that you used the same setup, I have no idea. But maybe if you try to trace back the error you may find the reason it is not working anymore. <br/> <br/> For me it would always be something like maybe a changed default version of cdo that causes problems in my preprocessing setup that results in a model crash (or a temporal/testing change I forgot to change back and didn´t remember…) <br/> <br/> just to make sure, maybe compare your YUSPECIF from an old simulation where it worked and the current one, to make sure the setup is really the same. ( you can use the diff comand on levante, that is “diff old_YUSPECIF new_YUPECIF” ) <br/> <br/> ----- <br/> <br/> good luck debugging <br/> Rolf </p>

Hey Delei,

generally I get this error when my model crashes, that is: there are NA values in the variables. This problem seems to cause ERROR 1004 when the output is written for pressure levels.

So whenever this happens I first check the CFL-criterion and if it is violated in the steps prio to the crash, I assume a normal instability of the simulation and change the timestep “dt” in the namelist. (normally lowering it)

If this is not the cause of the problem, I fall back to writing output for single time steps by changing the namelist: putting a “!” in front of [ hcomb=…. ]  and   [ ytunit='d' ]   to comment it out
and adding
[ ngrib=0,1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30  ! selected time steps to write output ]
and [ ytunit='f' ]

normally from the output I can trace back to where the error occured. In which variable the NA first appeared and maybe even where inside the domain and so on…

-----

Concerning your problem, that you used the same setup, I have no idea. But maybe if you try to trace back the error you may find the reason it is not working anymore.

For me it would always be something like maybe a changed default version of cdo that causes problems in my preprocessing setup that results in a model crash (or a temporal/testing change I forgot to change back and didn´t remember…)

just to make sure, maybe compare your YUSPECIF from an old simulation where it worked and the current one, to make sure the setup is really the same. ( you can use the diff comand on levante, that is “diff old_YUSPECIF new_YUPECIF” )

-----

good luck debugging
Rolf